Shakira is one of the World’s most famous singers plus songwriters, and dancers; she is all in one. Not only that, but she is also the highest selling Colombian artists in history. She has recorded and sold more than 125 records and currently become one of the most beautiful and talented singers of all time. She failed in her first album recognization, but she moved on and become a successful face in the music industry. Here I have shared some of the interesting facts about her, so check out and know more.
- Her full name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll. She was born in 1977, 2nd February in Barranquilla, Colombia.
- Her father’s name is William Mebarak Chadid. Her father is a Lebanese and her mother, Carmen Ripoll Torrado is Spanish-Italian.
- She is the youngest child among 8 of her siblings.
- She is great at dancing and her grandmother taught her belly dancing for the first time.
- When she was only two-years-old, she lost her half-brother and started writing songs.
- She also loves to paint but only paints pictures of fried eggs,
- She loves chocolate and seafood, but dislike candies.
- Her hobbies include swimming, playing tennis, golf, and basketball.
- Black is her favorite color, and she wears black a lot.
- She hates alcohol and smoking.
- The woman knows 5 languages including Spanish, Arabic, Italian, Portuguese, and English.
- She likes big flowers like sunflowers and daisies.
- Gerard Pique is her boyfriend and partner who is 10 years younger than her and is a football player.
- Her IQ level is more than 140.
- She does not have a single tattoo on her whole body.
- At the age of only 10, she gained her recognization by singing at Festival Vina De Mar and became third in position.
- She recorded her first album when she was only 13 years old.
- The talented woman performed three times at the FIFA World Cup and her song “Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)” is a smash. The song has over 1.7 billion views on YouTube.
- Her first English album “Laundry Service” certified four times as platinum record.
- She also told an interviewer that if she wasn’t a singer, she would love to become an astronomer or a psychologist.
- She received 3 Grammy Awards, 7 Billboard Music Awards, 5 MTV Video Music Awards, 33 Billboard Latin Music Awards, and 12 Latin Grammy Awards in her entire music career.
- Her net worth is $220 million
- She also told that her favorite author is Oriana Falacci and her favorite book is Khalil Gibran’s “The Prophet”.
- She was in the list of top 100 most powerful women in the world from 2012 to 2015.
- Shakira’s songs including Waka Waka, Dare You, Mocha, Hips Don’t Lie, Can’t Remember To Forget You ft Rihanna, etc. are super hit.
Do you know any good and strong fact about this amazing Colombian superstar? Please make sure to tell us in the comment box below if you know anything else about her personal and professional life.